Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thanks for making me look good: SRK told Anushka

New Delhi: Newcomer Anushka Sharma, who is on cloud nine after a dream debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi,' has received all round praise for her performance in the film by everyone but says her best compliment came from none other than Shah Rukh Khan. 


"Shah Rukh came to me after the release of the film and said, 'Thank you for making the film look so beautiful and thank you for making me look so good in the film," Anushka said over phone. 

The actress was also elated to find that her performance was liked by the veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra. "Yashji also liked my performance in the film and nothing feels better than this for me," says Anushka. 

The erstwhile unknown 19-year-old ramp model was picked up by Yash Raj camp to play the lead opposite Shah Rukh Khan for their ambitious project, but the success of the film has made her an overnight star. The film is still riding high even three weeks after its release. 

Anushka finds herself lucky to work with Bollywood's megastar. 

"Despite being a big star, Shah Rukh is very down to earth. I was completely blown over by his passion, dedication and enthusiasm that he brings in his work. I have always respected him but his dedication towards his work has made me respect him more than ever," She says.

The ramp model was kept away from media by the Yash Raj and hers was one of the most awaited debut of 2008. 


"Honestly, it is for the first time that I am giving interviews so it has been a bit hectic for me since the film released. But I am happy as I get to hear something nice about the film every time," she says. 

The actress was so anxious to get a first hand experience of audience reaction to her first movie that she went for a secret viewing of the film. 

"I went to Chandan theatre and left before the film was about to end. It was a great feeling to know their reaction. They were laughing, clapping and whistling throughout the film. It was one of the most amazing moments for me," says Anushka. 

Talk about the constant comparisons between her and South Indian actress Asin, who made her debut in Hindi cinema with 'Ghajini'opposite Aamir Khan, Anushka says, "It is unfair to compare Asin and me and for that matter any other actor. It is such a subjective thing.

0 comments:

Latest & Hot News From Telugu movie blog