Thursday, January 1, 2009

Divorce Threat from TANA elders, after an year of 'Kapuram'

After seeing you at the biennal 'Jathara' last year in Washington DC, I fell in love with you. Since then, I talked to several of your family members and elders and finally I became your life partner by paying some dowry (actually 'KanyaSulkam'). Since then, I have been made part of your family and several times, different groups of your elders have also been in contact with me on issues concerning the family. 

But yesterday, someone who is jealous of our happy married life suddenly sent me court divorce papers. They are asking me to submit some documentation to prove that I am who I am. I know this is a sinister ploy by some elders of your family to separate us. But what is seriously unfair is that they should have asked for this before marriage, when you proposed to me and I fell in love with you. They had an opportunity before our First Night. I'd have gladly submitted them whatever they need to their satisfaction at that time. But doing the same thing now, after the ceremony, after an year of happy 'Kapuram' is totally ridiculous. Even in this one year, the elders contacted me on different issues going on in the family. They also have been continually updating me on the status of those family feuds. But suddenly, I received this letter from an attorney who says he was hired by your family elders.

I want to let you know that this is total rubbish. Please keep your confidence in me and I'm determined to fight out this blatant injustice and total arrogance. They are also not saying that the marriage will be annuled. They are only saying they will not let me vote in your 2009 family elections. This one thing itself is a blatant display of opportunistic politics by some of your elders. Furthermore, they are saying anyone who entered into wedlock before March 2006 and after March 2008 are really genuine grooms. That leads me to believe that some of these elders themselves who joined earlier and who are sitting in their posts today, are themselves fraudulent and that is why they are excluding the timeframe and only are bothered about this timeframe I mentioned here. Not only some..but all of the elders, together, are committing grave mistakes and this is one such mammoth one. If one elder is going in the wrong path, why are the others not coming out against it? Without any manly guts and feminine commonsense, they will be considered 'Hijras'.

They want my dowry (KanyaSulkam) for all their Jalsa..that is why they are not talking about canceling the marriage itself. But one thing for sure...they cannot take me for granted. I'm going to hire an attorney myself as well and fight this problem of ours, tooth and nail. If we anyway cannot live together, the least your elders should do is to return the dowry (Kanyasulkam) that they took from me. But I am not going to let that happen. I am more interested in you and not these so called selfish elders of your family.

0 comments:

Latest & Hot News From Telugu movie blog