Thursday, February 26, 2009

Diya Mirza’s Comedy movie turns into a Horror

Diya Mirza is all set to change her propah image. She is doing an absolutely zany comedy called Fruit and Nut directed by tv’s funny-man Kunal Vijaykar.

She giggles, “It’s meant to be a comedy. But it’s an absolute horror because someone as wacky as Kunal is directing it. And in the film I’m wooed by Boman Irani and Cyrus Broacha. Can you imagine! It’s a complete horror for me. I’m having a super-blast. It’s my first full-fledged comedy. And it also involves a lot of physical comedy which I’ve never done. It’s been terrifying challenging and finally a lot of fun to just let go. The smallest of actors in Fruit & Nut are seasoned troupers, so I am constantly on my toes.”

Diya says she’s tired of constantly being asked why the Big Chance eludes her. “How can I answer that? For some people it happens quickly. For others it takes time. I’m lucky to be still getting roles in spite of so many unsuccessful films. I’m still getting offers from people like Mr Naseeruddin Shah and Shojeet Sircar, the latter for the film he’s making with Mr Bachchan. The fact that someone like Naseer Saab thinks of casting me is a big compliment for me.”

Diya sees 2008 as a huge turning point for her career. “The lineup of films is quite versatile. And there’re going to be a lot many more lead parts. I think this year I’m going to take giant steps. Even in a crazy haphazard film like Cash I carried myself with dignity.”

She has several films coming up. “I’m part of Rakesh Roshan’s Krazzy 4 though I’m one of the sane members of the cast. That’s sad because I’d have happily played one of the nuts. It’s been good fun because I got to work with artistes I’ve always admired like Irrfan Khan,Arshad Warsi and Juhi Chawla. I absolutely adore Juhi, To be working with her is a dream come true.” -Subhash K Jha / Sampurn Media

0 comments:

Latest & Hot News From Telugu movie blog